Europe / Spain / Mallorca
- Experience the Cap de Formentor ride to the lighthouse. A true cycling and photographic haven.
- Conquer Sa Calobra, the island’s most iconic climb and one of the main reasons cyclists come to Mallorca.
- Cycle coast to country and see why pro teams choose to train here.
- Enjoy spectacular winding roads that hug the coast towards the famous scenic villages of Valldemossa and Deià.
- Immerse yourself in cultural tours, old world charm villages, shopping, and a whole lot more.
Unwind in a great location on the shores of the Mediterranean.
You will experience why Mallorca is possibly the greatest destination in the world for road cyclists.
Eating and drinking will be amongst the many sensory highlights we will experience in Mallorca.
We understand the importance of down time, comfort and peace. Your home for the week will be located on the shores of the Mediterranean, where you can escape the stresses of everyday life.
Our daily rides through Mallorca will ensure you get to experience all of the beautiful landscapes the island has to offer.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME
We think the Cap de Formentor lighthouse ride might indeed be Mallorca's finest - especially now that there are restrictions on cars and buses that can use these roads.
The Mallorcans call the Cap de Formentor the meeting point of the four winds. Sitting on the most northerly tip of Mallorca, the winds that blow from the Spanish mainland, the European Alps, the Atlantic Ocean and North Africa meet here, and each seems to have left an impression on this tiny outpost. Our ride combines dreamy views, impressive engineering, and near perfect tarmac.
With alpine-esque hairpins overlooking a crystal blue Mediterranean Sea, beating against a shore of jagged limestone rock, it's no wonder that the road to Formentor has become an icon of European cycling. Island etiquette coupled with Après Vélo’s strict caffeine rules, dictates we must stop at the lighthouse for a coffee to admire the spectacular views of the gigantic volcanic rocks overhanging the crystal clear ocean. This truly is a cycling and photographic haven.
While Formentor may be today's destination, it's only one piece in Mallorca's astounding repertoire of rides.
Elevation gain: 1065m
Please note that in the interests of rider safety, the road to Cap de Formentor is closed to vehicle traffic from June through September 2020. During our September tours, we will therefore not be able to offer van support for this section of the ride. However mechanical support will still be available if required through our professional ride guides.
Today's ride heads into rural Mallorca with quite narrow sweeping country roads reminiscent of those used in Grand Tours for Team Time Trial Events. Time to forget about the hectic pace of life and embrace the peace and serenity of the country.We head towards the heart of Mallorca's geographical centre, the small village of Sineu, which is typical of the quaint, rural communities that can be found on the Island. Everyone knows that Mallorca offers a slice of cycling paradise, but did you know that today's paradise includes the opportunity to have a go at cycling around a Mallorca velodrome? Sineu offers this opportunity, before we head back via the Bonany climb. Don't let the average gradient of 5% fool you, this is a tough little climb. The last 2km are steep and your legs will be burning by the time you reach the hermitage. The views over the Mallorcan landscape, are worth the climb, though.
Elevation gain: 1,212m
Today we head off on quiet back-roads surrounded by sensational country landscape, towards the quaint town of Artà which is tucked away in a valley and surrounded by mountains and some of the island's most beautiful rural plains.
A special bonus will be the weekly Tuesday market, which is famous for its local pottery, basket weaving and other Mallorcan delights. A perfect place for a coffee and mixing with the locals. We head back over the Betlem climb which gives you serious bang for buck. With average gradients around 5.5%, your efforts will be repaid with sublime scenery and majestic solitude. We will finish off at the impressive Rapha Nadal Sports Academy and Museum for a well earned lunch and look-see.
Elevation gain: 1,013m
Today's ride is sure to remain etched in your memory for a long time. We ride from Bunyola to one of the most beautiful parts of the Island, Port de Sóller which is a picturesque, small coastal village with a sun drenched bay, and scenic surroundings. From here, we board a Ferry with our bikes and sail for one hour along the impressive west coast with the spectacular panorama of the Tramuntana mountain ranges. We arrive at the foot of the Sa Colabra climb, which is one of the main reasons cyclists come to Mallorca. With about 7% average gradient and 9.4km of climbing, its emblematic 26 hairpin bends, breathtaking views and spine-tingling descent, Sa Colabra has captured the hearts and memories of many cyclists. Our ride concludes in Bunyola where we enjoy a well earned lunch.
Elevation gain: 2200m
Today we head back into the country towards Manacor, en route to San Salvador, a staggeringly beautiful climb in eastern Mallorca.
The San Salvador climb stands out from the competition due to the incredible views over Mallorca it offers on the way up, as you traverse the narrow switchbacks. The enormous religious monuments that dominate the hillside are also highly memorable. It’s probably a bit steeper than many Mallorcan climbs with an average gradient at nearly 6%. Yet the climb is only 5 km long, so it’s hardly an Alpine beast.
Around the last corner from the Monastery, we will stop for a well earned coffee break and pastries.
We head back to one of Mallorcas finest biodynamic and organic bodegas in the heart of country Mallorca, where our ride concludes with a wine tasting experience and lunch. Enjoy your ride back to our Castle in the comfort of our support vehicle.
Elevation gain: 989m
We start our ride on the West Coast of Mallorca in the town of Port Andratx for a breakfast and some brief sightseeing on our bikes, to get a taste of this beautiful coastal village. Enjoy the spectacular winding roads that hug the coast passing through Estellencs and Banyalbufar, as we head towards the monastery town of Valldemossa, one of the island's most eye-catching sights, where we will be meeting our non riding partners for coffee. We then cycle towards the famous scenic village of Deià, one of the prettiest villages on the island, with views out to the Mediterranean below. This is where we will all conclude our ride with a celebratory outdoor lunch at Ca's Patró March, famous not only for its food and scenery, but for its notoriety of having featured in the award winning TV series -The Night Manager. Bring your swimmers, as you won’t be able to resist the crystal clear ocean below the restaurant. What a grand way to finish an awe-inspiring week.
Elevation gain: 1200m
5th September - ADIOS TO MALLORCA
Unfortunately your journey through Mallorca has come to an end.
The Après Vélo itinerary may be subject to slight route changes, and other modifications subject to circumstances.
START LOCATION & DETAILS
📍 Pick Up Location: Palma de Mallorca airport
🕐 Pick Up Time: 29th August 2022. Exact time TBC.
FINISH LOCATION & DETAILS
📍 Drop Off Location: Palma de Mallorca airport
🕐 Drop Off Time: 5th September 2022. Exact time TBC.
PRICES & DATES
We are offering two levels of accommodation to suit peoples needs. Refer below under ACCOMMODATION for more details.
Its incredible location and tasteful style is an excellent option for cyclists that don’t like traditional, vast all-inclusive style cycling hotels.
- Elegant and sophisticated 4-star hotel with a dramatic Tramuntana mountain backdrop.
- Pretty location on the Pine Walk (the footpath around the bay).
- Bike garage with bike racks for up to 15 bikes and a work- station with tools and lockers.
- Eating outside on the hotel’s terrace overlooking the bay is a treat you won’t forget.
- Other facilities include a spa, sauna, Turkish bath, ice fountain, heated pool, smallish gym and speed tennis court.
- The perfect accommodation for non-cycling partners.
2. Hotel Hoposa Uyal - Port de Pollenca
Hotel Hoposa Uyal is a 4 star hotel located on the seafront of Puerto Pollensa.
- Inhabiting a beautiful Mallorcan-style building, Hoposa Uyal is a Mediterranean hotel with a very special atmosphere.
- Spa with indoor pool, sauna, Turkish bath, jacuzzi and massage menu. Services for cyclists and a full gym are also available.
- Less than 10 metres stand between the front garden and one of the most charming beaches on the island.
- A fresh water swimming pool, a garden with Balinese beds, a snack bar with sea views, a spa and a welcoming restaurant complete the beautiful setting of Hoposa Uyal.
- Daily breakfasts in your respective hotels.
- 2 premium dinners (drinks excluded).
- Long lunch at one of Mallorca’s most famous waterside restaurants perched at the side of the rocky Cala Deià in Mallorca's Tramuntana mountains.
- Transfers to and from airport.
- Ride support with safety focus and professional ride guides who have lived in Mallorca for many years. They will ensure that your rides are truly local and take in many of the roads less traveled. We recognise that no rider is the same and we ensure that no-one is left behind whilst Living the Ride with us in Mallorca.
- Support van including nutritional snacks and hydration.
- Top end bike hire if required (Extra cost. Talk to us when booking).
Complimentary Après Vélo souvenir t-shirt.
- Travel insurance.
- Meals outside of those listed under INCLUSIONS.
- Alcohol at included meals.
- Bike hire (if required).
- Café stops.
- In-room hotel charges.
- Activities off the bike.
We understand and recognise that for many, an overseas trip is part of a shared dream. It is for this very reason that APRÈS VÉLO ENCOURAGES AND WELCOMES NON RIDING PARTNERS TO ATTEND OUR CYCLING TOUR OF MALLORCA.
There are an abundance of activities that non riding partners can partake in throughout the week, over and above chilling at the hotel pool and beach.
Here is just a short list to wet your appetite:
- Carefully curated tours, designed to showcase the best that Mallorca has to offer.
- Wine tasting.
- Sites and museums.
- Cooking classes.
- Old-world charm villages.
*These activities are not included in the tour price.
WHY APRÈS VÉLO?
We will do whatever we can to provide you with an unforgettable cycling experience where you truly Live the Ride, feel the energy and embrace the paradise of Mallorca.
Après Vélo founder and owner, Leonard Greis is a cycling fanatic with an appetite for travel and discovery both on and off the bike.
Leonard and his team have set about creating a unique cycling tour, where all participants will experience epic rides, beautiful landscapes, culinary delights and relaxation.
The tour has been designed for those seeking to experience a holiday like no other. It's for this very reason that we have left no stones unturned in attempting to provide the very best that Mallorca has to offer in the space of 7 days.
RIDING MALLORCA - SEE WHAT IT'S LIKE
ROSE Bikes visited the island of Mallorca – and asked some interesting personalities about their favourite tracks and inside tips. We have shared with you their magical short film called CYCLESTORIES which captures the beauty of Mallorca, characterises the island’s authentic “faces” whilst wetting your appetite for cycling. We hope you enjoy and feel inspired to Live the Ride.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
See our FAQs page for answers to common questions or contact us via email.
NEED MORE INFO?
See our links below for more information about this tour.